1870 Lisa Springs Drive
Snellville GA 30078
Wed Thurs Fri Sat
Jan 28, 29, 30 31
9-3pm Wed Jan 28
9-3pm Thurs Jan 29
9-3pm Fri Jan 30
9-4pm Sat Jan 31
** May have Sun as well – stay tuned
** 1960 Bel Air has 44,000 original miles — this is a presale item. Please text 404 956 4000 to purchase.
Intimate portrait of the family involved in this sale.
Antiques, artwork, porcelain, crystal, furniture, household goods and memorabilia from the estate of a Scripto manager
The house has been the gathering place for the twelve children of the owner during her years there. Her husband played semi-pro baseball for the Philadelphia A’s and the Atlanta Crackers, as well as playing trumpet with the Harry James Dance Band, before serving in WWII. Many of the antiques for sale come from Philadelphia while other items were gathered or gifted on her travels to visit children working in London, Paris, Brussels, Leiden and the Hague.
The owner is an accomplished artist in her own right and this estate reflects both her travels and eye for fine design.
Serious collectors will appreciate the unique pieces including a rare circa 1840 vitrine/bookcase/china cabinet hand made by French carpenters in Louisiana and one of a pair which stood in the parlor of the Baton Rouge Women’s Auxiliary. This piece is completely original, even the interior paint is pristine ante-bellum.
Chairs for 12 plus their guests? Included in this sale are a set of 12 matched Philadelphia Chippendale chairs. Historians will appreciate the fine commode lined with a newspaper with news of the Titanic, placed there by the manufacturer.
Eighteenth and nineteenth century English “tall case” grandfather clocks, as well as gilded French mantel clocks, all in working order, will delight clock collectors.
Elegant beds, one of which came from the estate of the archbishop of Philadelphia, vie with 18th and 19th century English dressers or chests of drawers. Add to that mirrors, a carved armoire, dining tables, sideboards, you will find the many years’ accumulation of a very large family.
Just a few of the SIGNIFICANT PIECES in this estate liquidation:
- French vitrine/china cabinet circa 1840 made in America by French cabinetmakers.
- Solid walnut early Victorian bed from the estate of Philadelphia archbishop.
- English grandfather clock late 18th century inlay and bell chime working original mechanism.
- English quartersawn oak grandfather clock late 18th century working original mechanism.
- English mahagony bow front chest of drawers early 19th century
- English red mahagony bow front chest of drawers early 19th
- Demi-lune commode in rosewood with inlay. From the factory, the interior of the case good is lined with a newspaper reporting on the Titanic. The newspaper is an original, not a reproduction.
- Set of 12— 19th century– faithful copies of Philadelphia Chippendale chairs
- Old Paris vase (first empire Napoleon period circa 1820) pristine and approx.. 20 inches tall.
- Steamboat Victorian overmantel (or salon mirror) approximately 7 ft. tall. Original gilt under spray finish.
- Solid walnut mirrored hall tree circa 1850 with unique carving of a lion’s head in the pediment.
- Early 19th Century mahagony English chest of drawers
- Pair of early 19th Century French solid walnut twin beds with custom mattresses
- Heavily carved American walnut armoire, early 19th Century
- solid walnut corner cupboard, barn back boards, circa 1830
- English drop front bureau with bookcase cabinet top, Chippendale mullions, early 19th
- Four Old Paris porcelain lamps (handpainted) circa 1820, custom bases.
Please READ BELOW:
NO PRESALES over the PHONE unless OTHERWISE STATED:
PRE-SALE ITEMS — 1960 Bel Air – 44,000 original miles
Peachtree Estate Sales DOES charge sales tax – all sales are FINAL – 3% charge on all cc/debit cards in addition to the sales charge.
HOW TO SHOP THIS SALE:
All LARGE items are priced, and smaller ones of significant monetary value. All smaller items are priced in a ‘group’ pricing. Make a stack of all items at check out and we will give you a price on your group of items. Happy Treasure Hunting! Woot Woot!
**Parking — Can only park on ONE side of the street ONLY! Park on side of street that house is located on. Do not block driveways or mailboxes please. Thanks!
ALL SALES FINAL
NO CHECKS ACCEPTED – CASH OR CREDIT/DEBIT ONLY (3% added for all cards)
*Because of the many people who attend our sales, questions re: individual items are very hard to answer —- just come to the sale!
We accept CASH/CREDIT – Debit run as credit (add 3% on all cards)
Come prepared to take your items home SAME DAY.
For insurance purposes, staff members are not able to carry heavy/large items for you.
You must arrange for your own people to carry/load/deliver your items.
We price ‘to sell’ first day and throughout the length of the sale.
Peachtree Estate Sales is not responsible for accidents nor is the home owner.
**Children must remain with parents at ALL times.
Bring bags/totes/boxes/newspapers for wrapping — to help with your items. We do not provide these.
If we SELL OUT of items before end of sale time, we will close the sale down early.
We APPRECIATE our customers – and thank you for coming to our estate sales!
Please note – owners may remove items that were originally to be part of the sale for whatever reason. We apologize if this happens. We know you come for certain items. We try our best to make sure we are as accurate as possible with our photos and advertising.